Monday, January 02, 2012

HATS for tiny GIRLS and BOYS

Recently, I learned to crochet. Well, I say recently - compared that to when I learned to knit more than half a century ago ... I only learned to crochet in the last couple of years and I was given a wonderful pattern for hats which are well received at local hospitals for their newborn population.

The latest bag ready for delivery, and the first bag of the New Year, is pictured here, containing 34 hats, 4 of which were made New Year's Day. So quick and easy.

I like to store them in those nifty plastic bags that sheet sets come in because the hospital staff can see what they're getting and it's easy just to slip a card or note inside saying where they are from and it keeps the hats clean and organized.

There is joy in knitting and crocheting and definitely warming tiny heads.

1 comment:

ajt0516 said...

Judith, way to go on those baby hats!!!!