Sunday, February 09, 2014

In the Waning of the Day

In the Waning of the Day

Copyright Judith Somersett 2010

In the waning of the day when embers warmly glowing lay within my hearth
the stresses that had taken hold no longer seem to be so bold
They don their cloaks and quickly flee, and yield to wools enfolding me,
As I sit clicking, clicking, softly knitting
in the waning of the day.

In the waning of the day when all around me sleeping lay
No sleep can find me as I sit before the fire and quietly knit
My soul finds solace in the act, the quiet, lovely fibrous act of one stitch over, two left back
Wrap the yarn, take up the slack.
A sock, a hat, a baby sweater
End result?  It doesn't matter
Just the act of quiet solace worry-free of come what may
in the waning of the day.

No comments: